Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Animal Adventures Part II.


After getting back to the main area of the ranch and my run in with the bear, I thought I would try to take advantage of some of the fall foliage and get some pictures. I felt safe since we were back out in the open where you could get a good view of your surroundings (or so I thought). If you look close at this picture you can see both my dog Boone and Teyah checking out another guest at the ranch. They both got a lot closer than I wanted them to. This picture was taken from an elevated stand that the old owner of the ranch built. I was busy taking pictures of the river that is facing the other direction when I hear my dogs playfully barking at something so I turned to see what it was. To my disbelief, there was a giant lone buffalo. Once again I called my dogs back to me which thankfully, they obeyed. The buffalo had moved closer to the bottom of the stand after this picture was taken and I was up high with my dogs. I considered just waiting for the buffalo to move along but with the way my luck was going this day, the buffalo probably would have decided to take a break at the bottom of the stand. So, I decided to risk walking 40 ft from this behemoth bison to get back to my truck. He closely watched as the dogs and I slowly walked farther away from him. And without harm, we once again escaped a tense situation with the surrounding captivating wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment